This is the place to find the freshest and most local Iowa products; everything we sell has been made, grown, or raised in the state, from pet treats to transplants to ice cream to steak!
How it works…
- Become a member (psst…you can try us free–see below)
- Log on during one of our shopping cycles (every two weeks, shop Tuesday-Sunday)
- Add items to your cart throughout the cycle (farmers and producers add new items every day)
- We process your order and items arrive at our central location, at Franklin Plaza
- Pick up your order on Thursdays, Fridays, or Saturdays at one of six locations
- There are never any obligations to buy or minimums–you order what you want, when you want
Why it works…
Farmers and producers are in charge of adding their products to the website–it’s a technologically charged way to know where your food comes from and buy directly from the source. You may peruse products here.
The Co-op collects a 15% fee on every item a producer sells and a 15% fee on every item a consumer buys. This system allows farmers to keep 85% of every dollar they sell (the average is a staggering 15% per dollar). We keep overhead low to maximize profits for our producers and farmers.
You can try our unique, online shopping experience free, for six months by filling out the membership form and selecting ‘Trial Membership’ under ‘Membership Types’. If you decide not to continue after six months, your membership will simply lapse. No payment information is collected, so it’s truly a no-strings-attached way to see if this way of buying groceries works for you!
(Click to enlarge image)