Nate’s Famous Zucchini Muffins
Recipe submitted by: Nate M.
About this recipe: This recipe has zucchini in it, but who will notice?
- 1 cup whole weat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar or sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of zucchini chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1-2 6 oz cups of Country View Dairy Greek yogurt, in fruit flavors of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8.5 inch by 4.5 inch loaf pan or 24 cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and spices in a medium sized bowl.
- Place remaining ingredients, except nuts, in blender or food processor. Blend for 15-30 seconds until mixed . Add dry ingredients to blender/food processor. Blend for 20 seconds more until blended.
- Stir in nuts by hand. Pour into prepared pans and bake loaf for 60 minutes and mini muffins for 15 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Once cool, top with a dollop of yogurt, or serve slices with yogurt.
Yield: 1 loaf or 24 mini muffins
Notes: Freezes well.
Original source: Vitamix Cookbook