Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Recipe submitted by: Jennifer A. Miller
About this recipe: A great way to preserve the tomato harvest; these keep in the refrigerator for a month or in the freezer.
- 3.5 lbs fresh tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- A few sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried/ground rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Mix all ingredients together, then spread on a cookie sheet or roasting pan.
- Bake for 1-1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally. Let mellow at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Store in jar or bag in refrigerator or freezer.
Yield: About 3.5 lbs of roasted tomatoes
Notes: I used garden tomatoes, Pickle Creek Herbal garlic and rosemary, 7 Pines Farm red onion, and basil from Chef Connie's Urban Farms. These are great on sandwiches or with pasta or atop a quiche.
Original source: Unknown