30 Minute Meatloaf Muffins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper optional
- 2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs – can use either panko or regular depending on your preference
- 7 TB ketchup
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 7 TB finely chopped fresh parsley or 2 TB + 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 tsp fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 TB light brown sugar packed
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9 compartments of a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cut parchment paper or aluminum foil into 2″ wide strips and place one strip into each of the 9 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the meatloaf ingredients, being careful not to over mix.
- Divide the meatloaf mixture into 9 equal portions – I find a 1/3 cup ice cream scoop comes in very hand for this. Place the portions into the prepared muffin pan, leaving each one domed on top.
- In a small bowl, mix the glaze ingredients, and brush over the meatloaf muffins.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before using the strips to lift out of the pan.
These also pack well for lunches!