Spinach & Bacon Dinner Salad
This dinner salad is perfect for a night when you want something a bit lighter, are pressed for time or simply want to enjoy the simple beauty of local ingredients from our producers.
- 4 slices of bacon cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 1/2 TB apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 TB honey
- 1 tsp honey mustard or 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of your favorite spice blend - I highly recommend the Penzey's Mural of Flavor or BRAISED Chaga-Thyme Superfood Seasoning
- About 6 cups fresh spinach
- 5 oz. sliced mushrooms - button baby bella, shiitake, or a blend
- 2 hard or soft boiled eggs peeled and halved
- Shaved Parmesan-Reggiano optional
In a medium-size nonstick skillet, fry the bacon pieces until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, pepper, and spice blend. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference. Add the spinach and sliced mushrooms; gently toss to coat.
Divide the salad between two bowls, sprinkle in the bacon, and garnish with the eggs and Parmesan, if using.