Nacho Average Chips + Salsa
I've noticed lately I want more fun foods in my days. Maybe it's from staying at home, or perhaps it's due to the nice days that bring the promise of warm summer days and the potential for backyard BBQs with friends. No matter the reason, these nachos definitely fall into the category of 'fun food,' while also providing a change from the usual ground beef or chicken with salsa version. They're hearty enough to have for lunch, or even dinner; and by using precooked pulled pork, this also becomes a quick and easy meal.
- Tortilla chips
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese add more or less depending on your preference
- 3/4 - 1 lb. cooked BBQ pork plain or pre-sauced
- 1 - 2 slices of cooked bacon crumbled (optional)
- BBQ sauce for drizzling
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt for topping
- Your favorite toppings such as diced tomatoes sliced jalapeños, diced avocado
Warm the pork in a small sauce pan over medium- low, being careful not to let it dry out.
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Using a rimmed baking sheet, spread the chips on the pan. (Tip: If you use aluminum foil on the pan, you won't need to scrape cheese off of it later.)
Top the chips with shredded cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Place shredded pork over the melted cheese, sprinkle the crumbled bacon across the top, drizzle with BBQ sauce, top with sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and your favorite toppings.