Dear Iowa Food Coop Members,
You’ve seen the mentions in the regular e-mails and the last newsletter; the time is fast approaching for
The 2nd Annual Membership Meeting of The Iowa Food Cooperative!
We highly recommend you attend this get-together to help guide the Iowa Food Cooperative into the coming year.
- The 2nd Annual Membership Meeting!
- Town-Hall, Potluck & Business Meeting
- Valley Southwoods Freshman High School
- 625 South 35th Street
- West Des Moines, Iowa 50265
- (Plenty of Parking is available)
- Saturday, October 16th
- 4:00 – 4:30 Town Hall Meeting
- 4:30 – 5:30 Potluck Dinner
- 5:30 – 6:00 Board Member Elections & Acknowledgements
- 6:00 – 6:30 Presentation – Urban Agriculture by Jason Grimm
- Announce Results of the Elections
- 6:40 – 7:00 Business Meeting
Town Hall Meeting: This meeting is for those who of you who have any specific requests or suggestions, or if you want to tell us how we’re doing. We’ll be expecting you promptly at 4:00. If you can’t make it to the Town Hall Meeting, we will also have a suggestion Box for your feedback.
The Potluck: Last year’s potluck was a hit! So we’ll do it again! Like last year, we are asking each family to bring one main dish plus one side dish (a salad, vegetable or dessert). To keep our gathering as “green” as possible, please also bring your own table service, utensils, and cup for beverages.
(*Coffee, lemonade, and water will be provided by the coop. As this is a school please do NOT bring alcoholic beverages.)
Producer Members – please bring some of the foods you grow for your pot luck contribution or make a dish using the food you grow.
All Attendees – Bring your recipes for the foods you bring to share. You may also e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll post those on the website too! When you bring or share a recipe with us, be sure to include the following: name and source of recipe. If you have used ingredients that you bought through the coop, it would be nice to have the producer’s name for those ingredients, too.
You can find new recipes and those from last year here: https://iowafood.coop/category/recipe/
The Meeting: The business portion of this get-together will be a short business meeting with presentation of our Annual Report and election of four new board members. We will also have a short presentation by our guest speaker, Jason Grimm. Jason is the Food System Planner with Iowa Valley RC&O in Amana, and coordinates the Iowa Corridor Food and Agriculture Coalition; he is also working to establish a food cooperative in the Iowa City area. Jason’s presentation will be on “Urban Agriculture.”
Volunteers & RSVP:
- IN ORDER TO PLAN FOR SUFFICIENT BEVERAGES AND SEATING, PLEASE RSVP BY OCTOBER 9th TO DAVID COUCH.
- Please send RSVP’s to email@example.com
- Or reply to this post
- OR Click here to RSVP via Facebook!
- If you bring your children please bring a game for them – these adult events can be kind of boring for them.
- We will need a volunteer to supervise the children.
See you on October 16th!
David Wade Couch
V.P. Membership & Education
The Iowa Food Cooperative