Rhubarb Crisp – adapted from Mary Fratianni’s recipe
Recipe submitted by: Lisa Bean
About this recipe: I wanted to try Maasdam's Sorghum in a recipe and my rhubarb crop is doing well - read on
- 6 C. rhubarb ( I used my own)
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 T flour (Early Morning Harvest)
- 2/3 c of Massdam's Sorghum ( instead of 1 c brown brown sugar)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour (Early Morning Harvest)
- 1c butter
- chop rhubarb into small pieces.
- combine rhubarb, 1 1/2 c sugar and 3 T flour .
- place in 9 by 13 pan
- combine flour and oatmeal, cut in butter
- mix in sorghum
- take small spoonfuls and top the rhubarb mixture - it is a little sticky (kids will have fun)
- bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
Notes: serve alone or with vanilla ice cream or even better Country View Dairy yogurt .
Original source: adapted from Burning Sun and Silver Moon recipes published by St Francis of Assisi Church