Do-It-Yourself Local Microwave Popcorn Recipe
Recipe submitted by: Jennifer A. Miller
About this recipe: A quick and easy way to make homemade popcorn with locally grown corn!
- 1/4-1/3 cup locally grown popcorn*
- 2 Tablespoons canola or olive oil (optional but recommended)
- Salt, pepper, seasoning to taste
- Large microwave-safe glass bowl w/ dinner plate to cover top OR small lunch-size paper bag w/ piece of tape to close
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter for topping, optional
- Place popcorn in bowl or paper bag, the key is to have a fairly even layer of popcorn, so you may need more or less depending on the size of your container. Next pour over oil, if using, and a couple of grinds of salt/pepper/seasoning.
- If using paper bag, secure top with a small piece of tape (clear Scotch or paper). If using glass bowl, place the dinner plate over the top, facing up.
- Place in microwave for 5 minutes, watching closely as it may take as little as 3 minutes (all microwaves are different). Remove from microwave as soon as there are 2-3 second intervals in pops. Be careful, it will be hot!
- Pour over melted butter, if using and adjust salt/seasoning to taste.
Yield: 4 servings
Notes: *Popcorn used in this recipe was variety ‘Dynamite’ from Iowa Food Coop producer-member Overhome Farm.
Original source: Internet