The shopping cart is now open!
Shop until midnight on Sat., Feb. 25th, with delivery on Thursday, March 1st.
We’ve completed the move to our new space, which is just inside the south entrance to Merle Hay Mall near Younkers (there’s a big Kohls sign above the door). Note: we are going to a three-week delivery cycle until the growing season, and then delivery will be every other week until Thanksgiving. We’ll place a calendar with our new schedule on the website.
Also, to shop use https://iowafood.coop/shop/ and type in your username and password to log in. If you need help with your username and password, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wildwood Farms is a new producer from Wellsburg. Operated by Lorna Martin, she’s listed 18 baking mixes, 3 soup mixes,3 types of granola bars, and 5 types of roasted nuts. Lorna writes: “We are excited to join the IFC and share the products we love with a new group of local food fans.”
- Two Rivers Honey is a new producer (operated by Denise & Kevin Kimsey) based just outside Pilot Mound that has four honey products listed (with more products to come).
- Wagner Enterprises added 6 new baked goods items: cornbread muffins, chocolate and regular cheesecake, wet bottom shoo fly pie, baked apples, and old fashioned gingerbread.
- Iowa Orchard added 3 new flavors of dried apple rings (regular, strawberry, honey cinnamon – find them in the apple category) and as 12 new gluten-free pies in two sizes.
- Grandma’s Soap added Goat’s Milk Soap (local milk) and Castille/Olive Oil Soap.
- The Berry Patch listed half pound bags of salad mix (red lettuce, broccoli, white and red kale, arugula) from their greenhouse.
- Early Morning Harvest added corn meal and two types of wheat flour made from their certified organic crops.
- Novae Vita Farm added various beef cuts from their grass-fed herd of Dexter cattle.
- Daily Bread Bakeryadded certified organic whole grain garlic tomato herb bread .
- Becca from Crooked Gap Farmwrites: “We just brought another hog back from the locker and have a number of cuts available that were not listed last month. A few of these are Iowa Chops, Butterfly Chops, Bacon, Italian Sausage, and Breakfast Sausage Patties.”
- Yoke S Ranch added a rolled rump roast from their Corriente cattle.
- Ebersole Cattle Companyadded “Pot Pies FOR Chickens” in the pet food category: “Made with our tallow, these Pot Pies include scratch grains & grit. These will keep,your girls happy & more likely to lay when there aren’t bugs and grass to eat.”
- Weisshaar Family Farm added bone-in arm roast and bone-in chuck roast.
- Wild Rose Pastures added pre-cooked whole smoked pasture-raised turkeys and grass-fed ground beef from their heritage belted galloway “oreo cattle” breed.
- Wheatgrass on the Go added five-inch pots of fresh, live wheatgrass.
Several producers are taking a break: Krieger Greenhouses, Heavy Horses Farm, Live Now Rest Later,Twin Girls Gardens, Grinnell Heritage Farm,Hibbs Farms, Del Gloria Elk Products, and LaVentosa Ranch. Also, Jasper Winery decided to stop offering their products (you can still buy Iowa wine through the IFC from Rosey Acres). Katie with Jasper sent this note: “Thanks so much for the opportunity and good luck with the success of the coop!”.