|Roasted Butternut Squash over Pasta||
Recipe Type: Entree
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 3 ½ – 4 pounds of butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 medium onion cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 handfuls of washed and dried escarole, torn
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 16 fresh sage leaves, torn
- 5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- tsp. hot red pepper flakes
- 1 Tblsp. Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- cup half and half
- 1 pound bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 – 1 ½ cups shredded Asiago cheese
- Set oven to 450.
- Heat one large sheet pan in oven.
- Prep the ingredients. In a big bowl, toss together all the ingredients except half and half, pasta, and cheese.
- Turn the squash blend onto the heated pan in the oven. Spread the mixture and bake 25 minutes, turning twice, or until squash is tender.
- Once the squash is tender, place pan under broiler for about 5 minutes until the squash has crusty brown edges and the greens and wilted and slightly crisp.
- Scrape everything into a serving bowl. Add the half and half, the hot pasta, and 1 cup of cheese. Toss to blend, adjust salt and pepper.
- Use remaining cheese as a topping when served.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe