This chicken will have you firing up your grill in no time. The honey gets wonderfully caramelized into crunchy bits and the heat from the sriracha provides a perfect balance of savory to the sweet.
- 3 TB soy sauce use tamarind for gluten-free
- 6 TB honey
- 1 TB olive oil try the roasted garlic for extra flavor or, you can turn up the heat with Prairie Fire from Pickle Creek Herbs
- 3 TB fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 1/2 ” square piece of fresh ginger or 1 TB of grated ginger from a jar
- 1 1/2 TB sriracha sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TB fresh chopped cilantro or 2 tsp dried
- 2 1/2 lbs of chicken boneless or cut up pieces
- Additional chopped cilantro & lime wedges for serving optional
- Place everything except the chicken in the blender and blend until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup of marinade for basting during cooking. Pierce each piece of chicken several times. If using boneless chicken, cut into 1 1/2″ pieces.
- Place chicken pieces in a resealable plastic bag and pour in the sauce. Turn the sealed bag a few times to coat each piece of meat. Marinate for 1 to 2 hours, turning the bag a few times to redistribute the sauce.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. If you’re using boneless pieces, thread onto skewers. Oil the grill grates, and grill until chicken is cooked through. If you’re using whole pieces of chicken, you may need to lower the heat to prevent the outside from over caramelizing before the meat is completely cooked. Use the reserved marinade to baste the meat during the cooking process.
Serve on a platter garnished with chopped cilantro & additional lime wedges.