Board President Lisa brought this to our latest meeting and everyone left with a new favorite way to prepare polenta. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Lisa!
Totally Local Baked Polenta
Polenta baked with cheese to make something between cornbread and classic polenta
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Early Morning Harvest polenta
- 2 eggs
- Half package of Frisian Farms Gouda cheese curds, roughly cut
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil a 9×12/13 pan.
- Bring water to boil, add 1 teaspoon salt, and slowly add 2 cups of polenta and stir well. If after 15 minutes it is still runny, add a little more polenta, mixture should be creamy.
- Stir in beaten eggs, Gouda cheese curds, and red pepper/pepper.
- Pour all into pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Enjoy!