Hello. The weather forecast isn’t looking good for what we’ll be facing come Thursday, so we need to give you a heads up on current plans.
We are working with our producers to get their products delivered today (Tuesday) and tomorrow. That way they won’t need to get up early to what sounds like will be up to 9 inches of snow plus signficant winds.
As for picking up, we are considering delaying the time until during the day on Friday and/or Saturday. It all depends on what Thursday looks like when we get up in the morning, plus whether we can get the volunteers needed for these alternative times.
Also, folks who specified West Des Moines and Ankeny as their pick-up sites may need to come to Merle Hay Mall, but we’ll probably keep the Ames pick-up at its normal time (4:30-5:30 pm on Friday).
All of this thinking is subject to change, but we wanted you to know our current thoughts. Also, we’ll work with you to figure out ways we can get you your orders if the options we choose don’t work. You should look for another email either late on Wednesday or first thing Thursday morning with our choices.