We had 222 members order 1,742 different items this cycle. Total purchases were just under $12,000. Those numbers are almost identical to our cycle two weeks ago, but it’s significantly lower lower than same cycles sales last year.
We’ve begun to do some diagnostic work to try to determine the cause of sales being lower than last year because it’s starting to draw down our cash reserves. The situation isn’t dire, but it’s obviously not one that can continue. We’ll keep working at trying to improve. Your placing orders helps. Thanks.
Anyway, if you are getting this as an email, you’ve placed an order. We’ll have it ready for you to come pick up this week during our distributions. Below are instructions.
NOTE: Nagi’s Falafel is a new IFC producer from Des Moines. They sample their products during pick-up at Franklin Avenue on Thursday. It’ll be a great way to try their Falafel products, which is a vegetarian dish made of ground garbanzo beans mixed with spices deep fried and served with a sauce made of Tahini paste.
And for our drop off sites, we’ll be sending samples from Swede’s Point Creamery goat cheese products.
Here’s your instructions:
1. If you are picking up at Franklin Plaza, be sure to check out products available for purchase in our Retail Center. There are lots of good stuff you can add to your online orders.
2. Specifics on times and locations for all our sites are available with this link and to the left.
NOTE: IF YOU ARRIVE BEFORE THE SCHEDULED START TIME, OUR VOLUNTEERS WON’T BE READY. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY AND BE PATIENT.
3. Our alternative pick up time will be from 10:30 to noon on Saturday, Feb. 4. If we don’t see you Thursday, we’ll assume you are coming Saturday.
4. We accept EBT cards for payment ONLY AT OUR Franklin Plaza site. If you are an EBT member and are picking up at another location, please send an email to email@example.com so we can arrange for processing your payment
5. It’s a good idea to check to be sure your pick-up site is correct. You can access your invoice by logging in, going to the shopping tab, and click “view in-process invoice”. If it’s not right, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.