Sometimes you really just want a basic burger, other times you want to kick burger night into overdrive. This is one of those nights.
- Ground beef
- Fresh basil leaves
- Garlic powder
- Burger buns
- 2 slices Genoa salami per burger
- Roasted red pepper
- Salad greens
- Queen size green olives 1 or 2 per burger
- In a small bowl, mix aioli ingredients and set aside.
- On a preheated grill, grill burgers to desired doneness.
- When burgers are cooked, add cheese to each and allow to just begin to melt. Remove from heat.
- Spread aioli on top half of bun, place 2 slices of Genoa on the bottom bun, top it’s roasted red pepper, burger, and salad greens. Top with top half of bun, and garnish with skewered olives.
A crisp salad with your favorite Italian dressing is a wonderful accompaniment to these burgers.