|Butternut Squash Soup||
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 medium to large butternut squash
- 3 T. unsalted butter or vegetable oil
- 2 large leeks (white part only), cleaned and chopped
- 4 t. minced fresh ginger
- 6 c. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 ½ t. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Halve and seed the squash.
- Oil a baking sheet and place the squash on it cut-side down.
- Bake until it can be easily pierced with a fork, about 1 hour.
- Let cool, then scoop the pulp from the squash skin and discard the skin.
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium-low heat.
- Add leeks and ginger and cook, stirring, until tender but not browned.
- Stir in the squash pulp along with 4 c. of stock; bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up the squash with a spoon.
- Remove from heat and puree until smooth with an infusion (stick) blender or in batches in a food processor.
- Return to heat and stir in remaining stock and salt.
- Heat through and serve.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe