Loyal member + volunteer Denise sent us this recipe for roasted parsnip soup. It’s one of her favorites, and perfect for cold weather!
Roasted Parsnip Soup
Recipe Type: Soup
- 2oz butter
- 1lb parsnips, peeled, quartered and woody centers removed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ pints chicken or veg stock
- 4 oz cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Heat a roasting pan on top of the
- stove. Melt 1oz butter and when bubbling add the parsnips. Allow
- to reach a golden color turning them in the pan. The parsnips can
- now be roasted in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Toward the end of the roasting time sauté the onions in the
- remaining butter in a saucepan till softened but not colored.
- Transfer the parsnips to the saucepan. Add the stock and gently
- simmer for a further 15 mins. Add cream and puree in blender.
- Eat and enjoy