Check out this member recipe!
- Nutella babka from The Wooden Bakery
Other items that can be purchased through the co-op:
Nutella Babka Bread Pudding
Recipe Type: Dessert
- Half loaf of Nutella babka from The Wooden Bakery
- 2 eggs
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk from WW Homestead Dairy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- For the bread pudding, cube half a loaf of babka.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk 2 eggs, about 1/3 cup of milk, about 1 1/2 TB of sugar, and about 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Add in the bread cubes and gently stir to coat everything. Add a splash of milk if it’s not enough to coat everything with a little extra to soak. Let it rest for about 30 minutes to absorb the liquid.
- Grease a 6″ springform pan, pour the mixture in and gently press to compact it a little. Wrap the pan with foil along the bottom and up the sides to keep water out. Immerse it in a bain marie of hot water.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Take it out of the water bath and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes. Pop the spring to take it out of the pan and serve. The 6″ size will yield 2-3 servings.
Robin highly recommends serving it with this hard sauce recipe.