Robin says: “This is one of those crazy good recipes that is so easy that you’ll find it making its way into your regular rotation for those busy nights.”
Easy Weeknight Dinner: Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 1 2 - 4 lb chuck roast - I used the chuck roast available in the crockpot bundle from Yoke S Ranch
- 1 10.5 oz can beef consomme
- ¼ cup water
- 3 heaping tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- ½ of a 16 oz jar of pepperoncini peppers (use ½ jar of peppers and ½ jar of juice)
- Sandwich rolls - I use toasted ciabbata, but a good hoagie roll, buttered and toasted also works well
- Cheese such as the fresh mozzarella from Lost Lake Farm or provolone
- Cut the roast to fit in either an Instant Pot pressure cooker or crockpot.
- Place the meat in the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the meat.
- Pour in the consomme, water, peppers, and juice.
- Cook at low heat in the crockpot for 6 hours or in the Instant Pot for 55 minutes at high pressure, followed by a quick pressure release.
- Shred the beef.
- Place the shredded beef and peppers on a bun, top with cheese, and place under the broiler to slightly melt the cheese.