Another recipe from board member + local food wizard, Robin!
She says, “Shanen Ebersole asked me to create something that was a quick & easy weeknight kind of dinner using a pound of her new ground beef. So, I came up with Mexi Mac, which was perfect since I’m having a crazy, busy week.”
- 1 lb. ground beef – I used beef from Ebersole Cattle Co.
- · 2 cups salsa – you decide how hot you want to go
- · 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- · 1 15.5 oz. can of corn, drained or 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- · 2 cups elbow pasta
- · 1 ½ cups water
- · ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- · Sour cream (optional)
- · Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until cooked through. Drain any grease.
- Add salsa, tomato sauce, and water to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and corn. Return to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the pasta is cooked, turn off the heat, sprinkle with cheese, recover and allow cheese to melt.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro.