Spicy Chorizo Spaghetti
Who doesn’t love spaghetti night and a quick, easy – under 30 minutes – dinner? Spice up your next one with chorizo, fresh tomatoes, and basil.
- 1 clove of garlic finely minced
- 1/2 oz. fresh basil
- 8 oz. grape cherry, or baby Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb. chorizo
- 8 – 12 oz. spaghetti depending on how much pasta you like
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. While the pasta is boiling, roughly chop the basil, including the stems, keeping leaves and stems separate.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the chorizo, garlic, and basil stems, breaking the chorizo up, until the meat is cooked through. This will take 5 or 6 minutes.
- Measure out about 3/4 cup of water from the pasta to be used later, then drain the pasta and set aside.
- Add the tomato halves to the chorizo mixture and cook until slightly softened – about 2 or 3 minutes. Add the drained spaghetti to the pan and few large splashes of the pasta water to loosen things up. Stir to combine and add additional pasta water if needed.
- Remove the pan from heat, add in the chopped basil and Parmesan, stirring to combine. Allow to sit until the cheese has melted.
Serve with buttered, crusty bread and a salad for a complete, easy dinner. Leftovers make for a wonderful lunch.