- 1 cup cashews, soaked rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients except dill in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Pulse in dill until combined.
© 2011 Sheree Clark | Fork in the Road | www.fork-road.com
White Bean-Garlic Dip
- 1 cup dried white beans
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 bunch rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crusty bread
Rinse and pick over the beans. Soak in water to cover by 2 inches for at least 6 hours, or up to 24 hours. Drain.
Put beans in a stockpot or large saucepan and add water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a rapid simmer. Skim any foam that rises to the surface. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 1½ hours or until beans are tender but not mushy.
Drain beans in a colander set over a bowl. Reserve cooking liquid. Transfer beans to a blender or food processor. Add garlic cloves and puree until smooth, adding as much of the cooking liquid as necessary to make a thick, spreadable or dippable consistency.
Gently stir dip with the rosemary bunch for about 3 minutes or until the dip is fragrant with the scent of rosemary. Discard rosemary. Season dip with salt and pepper and serve with bread.