The Bird is The Word–Rotisserie Style Chicken at Home
- 1 3.5 to 5 lb whole chicken
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 TB BRAISED Bone Broth Chaga-Thyme Seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 TB coarse ground salt such as kosher salt
- 2 TB olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, or air fryer to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine all seasonings with the olive oil to form a paste. Set aside.
- Using sharp kitchen shears, spatchcock the chicken by cutting down both sides of the backbone and removing it. Discard the backbone. Flip the chicken over and press down firmly between the two breasts, flattening the chicken. (See video demonstration below)
- Rub the skin side of the chicken with the seasoning paste. Place chicken in the pan or air fryer basket, skin side down.
- Roast or air fry for 20 minutes, and then flip it over, cooking for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast and thigh registers 165 F. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.