Chicken Milanese Salad
This is one of those quick and easy dinners that everyone loves to have on hand for a busy day, or anytime you want something on the lighter side, but still quite satisfying. With spring picking up pace, and summer activities right around the corner, why not treat yourself to an easy, but still relatively healthy dinner or lunch?
- 2 boneless skinless chicken or capon breasts
- 2 TB Ghee
- 2 TB Olive Oil Pickle Creek Herbs Basil & Roma tomatoes infused or Oregano & Garlic add a little something extra
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Salad greens such as arugula spinach, or leaf lettuce mix
- 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a flat, shallow bowl. Place the flour in a second shallow bowl, and the bread crumbs in a third.
- Slice each poultry breast in half horizontally. If necessary, pound to between 1/4″ and 1/2″ thick. Season each piece with salt & pepper.
- Dredge each breast first in the four, coating each side. Next, dip it in the egg mixture, then dredge it with bread crumbs. Each piece should be relatively heavy on the breading.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 TB of ghee & 1 TB of olive oil over medium-low heat. When the pan is hot enough to sizzle when you drop a sprinkle of flour in the oil, fry the first two pieces of meat until golden brown – about 3 minutes per side. Add the remaining ghee & olive oil and repeat with the remaining meat.
- Divide the salad greens between plates. Top with the fried chicken breast. Squeeze lemon juice over each plate, and top with shaved cheese.